Rutgers aspires to be broadly recognized as among the nation’s leading public universities: preeminent in research, excellent in teaching, and committed to community (Rutgers University Strategic Plan 2013).
Student Access and Educational Equity (SAEE) will utilize a variety of programs, events, mentoring, advising and out of classroom initiatives to enhance the student experience, as well as recruit and prepare New Jersey's high-school talent for college admission.
SAEE will ensure its values are at the core of every initiative with the University strategic plan in mind:
- Access - We believe that all students, regardless of race, ethnicity, or socioeconomic status should have access to quality and affordable higher education.
- Student Centered - Students are our number one priority in our decision making process, planning, and implementation of services.
- Partnership - We seek to form partnerships within our unit, the division of Undergraduate Academic Affairs (UAA), larger university and local communities to provide resources to our students.
- Inclusivity - We promote a diverse campus community that welcomes and connects students, faculty and staff.
- Progressive Thinking - SAEE is committed to implementing best practices for students and professionals through ongoing research, development, training and the use of technology.