At Rutgers University’s Student Support Services (SSS) program, we encourage academic prowess through a dynamic network of assistance, accountability, and social connectivity, seeking to counter some of the disadvantages presented to our population. We implement a variety of techniques in an attempt to establish a valuable service for the students, and also seek to maintain a nurturing, positive environment within which they feel comfortable to express concerns and personal issues.
- Academic tutoring; which includes assistance with reading, writing, study skills, mathematics, science, and other subjects
- Academic advising and course selection assistance
- Information on financial aid programs and assistance in completing financial aid applications
- Advice on locating public and private scholarships
- Services designed to improve financial and economic literacy
- Assistance in applying for admission to graduate and professional programs